As always the Petersen Automotive Museum gathers together some of the greatest cars on earth, but this time it is with a twist. They asked celebrities – from Bobby Rahal to Adam Corolla to Francis Ford Coppola – to choose one car that they considered “The World’s Greatest Sport Coupe”. Below is the list of the celebrities and the cars they chose.
- 1963 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso • Adam Corolla – The Adam Corolla Show, Co-Host of the Podcast CarCast
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette “Split Window” Sting Ray • Tanner Foust (race car driver), Rutledge Wood (auto racing analyst), Adam Ferrara (automotive enthusiast)
- 1967 Jaguar E-Type • Bobby Rahal – Race car driver
- 1974 Iso Grifo • Brian Johnson – Singer for band AC/DC
- 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL “Gullwing” Coupe • Bruce Meyer – Petersen Automotive Museum Founding Chairman
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO Recreation • Nick Mason – Drummer for band Pink Floyd
- 1954 Plymouth Explorer Concept by Ghia • Francis Ford Coppola
Make sure you make it out to the Petersen soon to check out the The World’s Greatest Sport Coupes exhibit, because on Oct. 19 they will be closing for a year for extensive renovations. Special thanks to the Petersen’s superb team of curators and researchers, who provided the fantastic details about these cars!